Netherlands Visa for Indians – Requirements and Application
Are you a sucker of adventure yearning for a vacation in Europe? The Netherlands is the perfect holiday destination for a travel enthusiast. Making an application for Netherlands visa is the most straightforward route to visit the country. Crisscrossed with canals, tulip gardens, ancient windmills, the Netherlands has no dearth of interesting attractions for its visitors. The spellbound art and architectures are some of the nicest sights to behold. Certainly, these are inspirational to stir the travel instinct of an explorer.
Some places are straight out of a storybook and the Netherlands is certainly one of them. The scenic canals in a perfect blend with the architectures create a magical view stimulating you’re the travel bug in you. Despite being a small European nation, exploring the endless treasures of the country cannot be done in one trip. Are you fascinated by the idea of a Dutch holiday? Get your Netherlands tourist visa and wander through the picturesque Dutch land. If you harbor an overwhelming passion to travel across the Netherlands, delve into the Netherlands visa nitty-gritty presented in this blog. Hopefully, this will help you get some idea about how to apply for the visa.
Information about Netherlands Visa and Validity
Netherland visa is granted to those who wish to visit the country for a short duration for sightseeing, visiting relatives or business activities. In this post, we will specifically focus on Netherlands tourist and visitor visa category. These visa categories fall under Type C Schengen visa valid for a duration of maximum 90 days. The Netherlands Embassy in India generally grants the visa in compliance with the entry and exit date of the trip to the Netherlands and the other Schengen nations. According to the Schengen visa rules, applying for a Netherlands visa will allow an applicant to travel to the other Schengen nations on the same visa, the Netherlands being the primary destination of stay. Majority of the non-EU nations require a Schengen visa to be eligible to enter the country. Indian Nationals visiting the Netherlands are required to apply for a Netherlands visa before their travel. In the subsequent sections, we will dwell mostly on the Netherlands visa application process and documents requirements.
Netherlands Visa Document Checklist
We all know how hard it is to get a Schengen visa. Documents play the most monstrous role here, to say the least. When you set out for such travel goals, be ready to pest yourself with some nuisance. It will make your ultimate goal much pleasure filled to have overcome such impediments. To start with, get a good grip on the Netherlands visa application process and documentation. Right knowledge of documents will help you get through the Schengen visa process with much ease and comfort. Here you get your go-to-guide for Netherlands visa document checklist:-
- Current Passport. Incorporate the old passports if any
- 3 Netherlands visa photo, size 35–45 mm in width, 70–80% of the face visible in the photograph on white background.
- Netherlands visa application form
- A detailed cover letter with an in-depth explanation of your travel purpose, the entry, and exit date, professional and financial background etc
- Travel insurance for Netherlands valid for all Schengen-countries. The insurance must cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation etc. The policy must clearly specify the period of validity and must cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival & departure + 2 additional days.
- Original bank statements validated by the bank with stamp, date, and signature.
- Pay Slips.
- Income Tax Returns.
- Hotel bookings or accommodation covering the whole duration of the intended stay for Schengen visa Netherlands.
- Flight reservation of return or round ticket.
- Retirement letter and pension-related documents if the applicant is retired
- Marriage Certificate if married
- Passport first, last and visa pages of the host in the Netherlands
- Resident permit card.
- Completed proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation form. This must be signed by your host, i.e. the person you intend to visit. They should then submit it to the Dutch municipality where they are registered.
- A copy of your host’s employment contract, valid for at least 12 months from the date of the visa application
Netherlands Visa Application Process
Feeling scared at the thought of applying for a Schengen visa? Fear of shattering your vacation dreams with a visa refusal may turn your confidence down. A look at the brighter side can boost you up. Try to be conversant with the Netherlands visa application process and gain a deeper insight into how the process works. This can ease up the work for you to some extent. Glance through the stagewise guidance on how to apply for the Netherlands visa below: –
- Visit the official website of Netherlands VFS [the facilitation center authorized by the Embassy to handle the administrative part of the visa application process]. Create an account to make an appointment for your Netherlands visa application document submission and biometrics. Print the confirmation page after scheduling the appointment on the selected date and time.
- Focus on getting the right document checklist following the Netherlands Embassy requirement for the visa. Assemble the documents accordingly and review each and every paperwork you are preparing for submission. It is very important to have the paper works on track to enhance your chances of getting the visa approval.
- Next stage revolves around the visa application form filling, writing the covering letter and preparing your travel itinerary. These documents must be appropriately dated and signed by the applicant. Make sure all the information in these documents tallies well with the rest of the documentation.
- Visit the VFS center on the appointment date and present the appointment confirmation letter. Enter the center and submit the documents. Followed by that complete the biometric process. Upon completion make the visa fee payment at the counter in cash and collect the receipt. The receipt is important as it carried the application tracking number. You also need to show the receipt at the VFS center again while collecting the passport. Once the visa process is done, the Embassy dispatches your passport.