How long can you stay in the UK on a business visa?
- In general, the UK grants visa for 3 to 6 months and sometimes you may get your visa for only mentioned dates in the application. So we can conclude that it depends on the embassy based on your application
Can I work on a business visa in the UK?
- No, you cannot work on business visa. If you want to work in the UK you should go through a work visa and the documents are different for both the visas, in a work visa they may ask for additional documents like experience in work and documents related to your education. To know more about a work visa, you can visit our consultancy for more details.
What is a business visa for?
- A business visa is that you can travel to other countries for business purposes and meetings with foreign companies. You need to have a pre-determined agenda and an invitation letter from the other country to apply for a business visa.
Do I need a visa for a business trip to the UK?
- YES, you definitely need a business visa for a business trip to the UK, as the embassy would certainly like to know about the purpose of your trip and grants your visa accordingly.
How do I get a UK business visa?
- The embassy needs some documents related to the business purpose like:
- Original Passport [Current and Previous if applicable].
- 3 passport size photographs of size 35–45 mm, the face should take up 70–80% of the photograph, should be taken against a white background.
- For applicants from a business, background Sanctum will suggest accordingly.
- UK Business Visa Requirements for Inviter
- Invitation Letter addressing to UK Consulate.
- Day wise agenda letter.
- Business Covering Letter from Employer to Employee.
How long does a UK business visa take?
- The processing time for a UK visa is approximately 15 working days.
What is the difference between a business visa and work permit?
- UK business visa: This visa is that which allows an individual to travel to the United Kingdom for business purposes. If a person holding an Indian passport is and has some business activities with clients in the UK, they are required to obtain a business visa for the UK from the Embassy.
- UK Work Permit: The UK Work Permit is an immigration category that allows workers to enter the United Kingdom (UK) and it was based on the points-based immigration system.
How much bank statement is required for the UK visit visa?
- The embassy requires approximately 6 months’ salary financial statements
Can I apply for 2 years UK visa?
- The embassy generally grants visa for approximately 6 months and you can try requesting the embassy by clearly explaining the reason for your 2 years stay in the cover letter so that they may consider and issue the same, it totally depends on the embassy
As a UK short-stay visa holder can I extend my Schengen visa while in the UK?
- The extension of a UK visa not generally possible. Unless you are in an emergency situation, you can try lodging a request for the same while you are in the UK. However, it depends on the immigration authority to decide on the extension.
How long before the start of the intended visit should I apply for a UK business visa?
- As the embassy takes approximately 15-20 business days for the visa process. It is required to start the process before 3 months so that if we have any rejection from the embassy we will have enough time to apply for a visa again and moreover the embassy also allows us to apply for the visa before 3 months from your date of travel.
How can I check the status of my UK business visa application?
- As you will have a created account for the visa purpose in the UK official website. You can check from that site by entering your passport number or application number.
Is it mandatory for me to make an appointment for a UK business visa?
- Yes it is mandatory to book your appointment for any UK visa to submit your applications
What are the eligibility criteria for the UK Business visa?
- You need to have an Official Indian Passport and Invitation letter from the UK client.
What is UK business visa fees?
- The visa fee is about INR 9000 per individual. The visa fee is required to be paid online. There are additional charges applicable, do check with our visa agents.
Can I travel to other Schengen or European countries on a UK business visa?
- No, you need to apply for the Schengen visa, if you need to visit the Schengen countries.