Thailand Pre-Approved Visa on Arrival for Indian Nationals
Sprinkled with sun-kissed beaches, green patch of forests, exotic islands and party places for night owls, Thailand offers a lavish choice of activities for travelers to indulge in. A true haven for shopaholics, the country attracts tourists from all parts of the globe. Vacationers have been fond of Thailand as an international travel destination. Thailand Visa on Arrival [VOA] makes it even more easy to plan a trip there without thinking much about the paper works. For Indians Nationals Thailand tourist visa is available on arrival at the Thailand airport and as a stamping visa on the passport. A new pre-approved Thailand visa on arrival has been introduced by Thailand Immigration for 21 countries including India to reduce the visa processing time. the Applying for a visa stands as a major hurdle for aboard travels for the monotonous yet essential paper works. The smoothness of Thailand visa processing and its easy availability is something travelers are naturally fond of. To top it off are the countless adventurous activities and serenity all around the place makes it popular among tourists.
Thailand is undoubtedly one of the perfect beach destinations located in Southeast Asia. Clamoring with hurly-burly of vacationers, Thailand is glittering with liveliness and vivacity everywhere. It has some of the best spots for incredible adventures and exciting nightlife. There are various popular and off-beat islands across the country flocked by travelers of varied tastes and preferences. With such a wide array of attractions, Thailand never fails to amaze. Creating some perfect travel itineraries to spend a wonderful Thai vacation is something you can always plan for Thailand being located at such proximity to India make it even simpler to travel. Inspired to explore the natural attractions and the cultural sights in Thailand? In this post, we have covered most things you need to know to apply for a Thailand visa. Walk throughout comprehensive Thailand tourist visa guide here.
Thailand Tourist Visa Types
Thailand tourist visa is granted to people visiting Thailand for sightseeing across the country for a limited duration. The Thailand visa is available on arrival and as stamping visa prior to visiting the country. As stated above the new visa on arrival [E-VOA] before arrival in Thailand has been introduced by the Thailand Immigration to cut short the visa process time to as less as 24 hours. In this post, we will broadly run a discourse on this new visa on arrival [E-VOA] to Thailand. Officially the process time has been referred to as 24 to 72 hours within which the visa will be issued unless stuck in some unforeseen events. The E-VOA facilitates the travelers with a pre-approved on arrival visa by the Immigration Bureau of Thailand. That indeed saves a lot of time at the immigration checkpoint. You can avoid standing in the long queues that can be seen at the visa-on-arrival counter at the selected Thai airports. This pre-approved visa on arrival [E-VOA] is valid for the airports such as Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Phuket International Airport, Krabi International Airport, Chiang Mai International Airport, and Don Mueang International Airport. Now the question pops up on how to apply for Thailand pre-approved visa on arrival. We will speak about it at length in the next section.
How to Apply for Thailand Pre-approved Visa on Arrival?
You can complete Thailand visa on arrival prior to your travel in a few steps.
- You must first register your account with an email-ID in the official website of the Thailand facilitation center. Next, you must provide all the relevant information as asked in the online visa application form. Review the details filled up in the form. Make sure not to submit it with any spelling error. Upload all the essential documents in the online portal. The passport details you enter must be the same as the one you will carry during your travel. The passport must have a validity of at least one month from the date of travel to Thailand with at least two blank pages for tamping at the immigration. You can create an online application for a single applicant and family.
- After uploading the documents and filling the online form, proceed to clear the visa fee payment.
- Once the visa fee payment is successfully completed, wait for the visa to be processed. You can track the status of the application on the online portal. Once the visa is issued you can download it and take a print of the visa copy. You can opt for Express category for faster processing of the visa.
- When you arrive at the Thailand airport with the pre-approved Thailand visa on arrival, present your passport at the immigration. The officer-in-charge will give the final approval there.
Thailand Pre-approved Visa on Arrival Requirements
The minimalistic documents and simple steps make the visa process convenient for travelers. A walk through this section gives a complete idea about the documents required for the visa application process.
- Scan Copy of Passport Cover Page, First, and Last Page.
- Digital Photograph 4×6 cm [Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70–80% of the photograph in white background].
- Hotel bookings or accommodation covering the whole duration of the intended stay[Your accommodation address in Thailand should be verifiable]
- Round Trip Confirmed Flight reservation
- Bank Statements for the last Six months with minimum balance INR 25000
- You should have enough funds to support your entire stay in Thailand (minimum INR 25000 /person, 45,000 /family).
- The purpose of your visit must not be longer than 15 days
Thailand Tourist visa – FAQs
Are Indians eligible for pre-approved visa on arrival to enter Thailand?
Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for pre-approved Thailand visa on arrival [E-VOA].
What documents are required for Thailand visa on arrival?
Most of the documents are associated with your travel, personal and financial background. In the above section, the document checklist is described elaborately for Thailand pre-approved visa on arrival.
How long does it take to process Thailand pre-approved e-visa to process from India?
Generally, the process time for a pre-approved visa on arrival takes around 24 to 72 hours. Under Express mode the visa is processed within 24 hours at an additional cost.
What is the visa fee for Thailand pre-approved visa on arrival?
The regular visa fee for this category of Thailand visa is 0 THB and the visa facilitation fee are 600THB. To get the visa decision within 24 hours you can also apply under Express mode at an additional cost. The visa fee remains 0 THB. The express visa facilitation fee costs around 2500 THB. Travelers with a tight travel schedule can opt for an express category by paying the express service fee.
How much balance is required for Thailand pre-approved visa?
You must maintain a balance of around INR 25000/- for a single application and INR. 45000/- for a family. This amount must be displayed in your bank statement while applying for the pre-approved e- visa on arrival and during your travel to Thailand. At the port of entry, you may need to show your bank balance to the immigration entry clearance officer.