Business | Work
Switzerland business visa is arranged for the foreign nationals intending to travel to Switzerland for various types of business activities. The embassy issues the visa for a very limited duration, depending on the business schedule. This country has a great notable service sector and financial industry. The Swiss economy has a stronghold among the European Union. People planning to apply for a Switzerland business visa can get the primary information for different visa categories and document list on this page. Sanctum is here to provide Switzerland business visa requirements for Indian citizens. We will be helping you with Switzerland’s business visa documents checklist, application form filling, visa processing time, and guidelines.
Switzerland Visa Business | Work Requirements From India
- Original Passport [Current and Previous if applicable].
- Copy of All Bio-Data pages of Passport.
- The Photograph must be 35 mm wide and 40 mm high. Face zoom of 70-80% is required, in a white background.
- A travel medical insurance copy of the policy is required for applying for the visa. The coverage should be not less than 30,000 Euros.
- Employment/Business related documents.
- Financial Documents.
Documents For Switzerland Visa from Inviter
The invitation letter from the business partner in Switzerland should contain the following.
- Complete information of the inviter: full name, address, Email-ID, and telephone number.
- It can be either an original or copy, signed & stamped, mentioning the invitee details, the dates, and purpose of the trip with a detailed schedule of the business meetings, or training (day to day schedule).
Sponsor’s document requirement for Switzerland Visa
Introduction letter from the employer, with the below, included.
- On a business letterhead.
- Original, signed & stamped by HR or directorate mentioning your position, duration of your service, the dates, and purpose of the trip and if your expenses are being covered by the employer/company.
To know more about the Switzerland business visa, contact our consultants.
For seeking employment in France it is up to your employer to submit an application to DDTEFP(Ministry of Labor at the regional level) for an employment contract.
- If the application is accepted, DDTEFP will then forward the file to OFII (French office for immigration and integration) for final approval.
- b) OFII employment contract and OFII form.
For more details on France Work Visa, contact Sanctum Consultants.
- Contact Sanctum Consultant for appointment scheduling. Please click on the WhatsApp icon to request for Switzerland Visa appointment scheduling. [ PS. Appointment booking is a paid service].
Switzerland Business Visa
- Valid for a duration of up to 90 days in a 180 day period. However, the applicant can ask for a multiple entry business visas, if you require to travel to multiple Schengen countries. The minimum validity of the visa is decided by the Embassy.
Switzerland Work Visa
- Switzerland’s work visa validity is based on the contract duration.
- You can track the Switzerland business visa and work visa status, with the help of the reference number. To clarify, the applicant gets a reference number once he/she submits the application. Consequently, the applicant gets the updates over the emails and phone SMS.
Switzerland Business Visa Processing Time
- The Switzerland Embassy generally takes the decision within a time period of 15 calendar days. The processing time starts, post the biometrics date. Also, individuals can apply for the visa within 3 months from the travel date.
Switzerland Work Visa Processing Time
- For Switzerland’s work visa processing time please contact our consultant.
Sanctum Consulting Switzerland Visa Process and Visa Services
Sanctum Consulting Switzerland Visa Process and Visa Services
What should be done to get a Switzerland business visa?
- You need to first gather all documents as per the list of Switzerland business visa and then schedule an appointment. Submit the documents and make the visa fee payment. Contact Sanctum for more information and assistance on visa processing.
What is the wait time to get a Swiss visa?
- The applicant has wait for 15 business days. The embassy might take additional time as well for a few cases if there is a rush at the embassy. However, we recommend the applicants to apply for the visa as early as possible.
Would a Schengen visa be valid for Switzerland?
- With a Schengen visa, one can travel to all 26 states in the Schengen area. Therefore, you can travel to Switzerland as well with this visa.
Is it so difficult to acquire a Switzerland visa?
- It is not difficult if you are justifying your purpose of travel to the embassy. This can be done by providing proper documentation, covering letter, Invitation letter supporting your case. You can reach us for more assistance on visa processing.
Which visa is required for Switzerland?
- You can decide on the visa category based on the purpose of your travel. If you are applying for a short-stay visa, there are 3 major categories for which people generally apply, there are as follows.
- Tourist visa – for travelers going to Switzerland for tourism.
- Visit visa – for people traveling to meet family/friends.
- Business visa – applicable to those traveling for business-related activities.
Can I know for what all countries the Schengen visa is valid for?
- The Schengen visa is valid for all 26 countries which come under the Schengen area. If you have a valid Schengen visa, you have access to travel to all 26 countries, within the visa validity.
Is it mandatory that only the applicant has to collect the visa from Switzerland consulate?
- We would recommend the applicant only to collect the passport from the VAC.
Do different categories of visas have different requirements?
- There is not a major difference in the list of documents for different visa categories. The major documents like passport, travel insurance, flight reservations, documents related to finances would remain constant for all visa categories. Consult Sanctum for a customized checklist for all visa categories.
What step to be taken in case I don’t receive my visa at the given time?
- Generally, the embassy takes 15 working days for a short stay visa to process. If the embassy is taking additional time than this, you can write an email addressing the consulate requesting the update. At times the embassy might take 30 days – 60 days as well for processing the visa, in case if there is a rush of applications at the embassy. We would always recommend the applicant to apply for the visa as early as possible.
Does the applicant have to mandatorily take the biometrics for visiting Switzerland?
- If the applicant is traveling for the first time, it mandatory that the applicant takes biometrics. The applicant need not go for the biometrics if he/she has given their fingerprints at the Switzerland VAC it in the last 3 years.
Is the medical test mandatory for Switzerland’s business visa?
- A medical test is not required for the Switzerland business. You just need to take a travel medical insurance for the visa purpose.
What is the process of converting my Switzerland business visa into a tourist permit?
- The conversion of a Switzerland business visa to a tourist visa is generally not possible. You need to take a fresh visa if you want it to convert to a tourism visa after your business visa expires.
How early should I apply for the visa from my travel date, if I need to visit Switzerland?
- As early as possible, if all documents are in place. You can apply for the visa anytime in the 3 months’ time from your intended travel date.
What is the list of documents required for Switzerland Business Visa?
- Please follow the list of primary documents to initiate the process.
- Invitation letter and supporting letter.
- Original Passport.
- Financial documents.
- Employment documents.
- Travel insurance.
- Flight and hotel booking.
What is the photo specification for applying for Switzerland Business Visa?
- Specifications: Passport size pictures, not older than 6 months, size 35 – 40 mm in width. The photographs should be in color, with a white background.
How much does a Switzerland Schengen Business Visa cost?
- The visa fee is 80 Euros per individual. The applicant also needs to pay the convenience and the VAC service charges, at the time of biometrics.
How to track the Visa Status of my Switzerland visa application?
- The applicant can track the passport status online. The visa status is known once you receive the passport. The applicant would also get updates over the email and phone SMS about the status.
Do you need a visa to work in Switzerland?
- Yes, any person who wants to travel to Switzerland to work needs to apply for the Switzerland work visa. For that, you need to have the work permit from Switzerland.
How long does it take to get a work visa in Switzerland?
- The time to obtain a work permit from the competent cantonal migration authority in Switzerland would take 8-12 weeks approximately. Post that the application processing time is 5 working days.
Swiss visa cost and application form?
- The visa fee is 80 EUR, per applicant. There would be additional charges applicable, kindly check with our consultants for the details.
How to apply for a Swiss work permit visa?
- You need to follow the below steps, the post you have the work permit in place.
- Gather all documents.
- Fill the application form.
- Schedule an appointment with the embassy.
- Attend the biometrics and answer the questions appropriately.