What should be done to get a Switzerland business visa?
- You need to first gather all documents as per the list of Switzerland business visa and then schedule an appointment. Submit the documents and make the visa fee payment. Contact Sanctum for more information and assistance on visa processing.
What is the wait time to get a Swiss visa?
- The applicant has wait for 15 business days. The embassy might take additional time as well for a few cases if there is a rush at the embassy. However, we recommend the applicants to apply for the visa as early as possible.
Would a Schengen visa be valid for Switzerland?
- With a Schengen visa, one can travel to all 26 states in the Schengen area. Therefore, you can travel to Switzerland as well with this visa.
Is it so difficult to acquire a Switzerland visa?
- It is not difficult if you are justifying your purpose of travel to the embassy. This can be done by providing proper documentation, covering letter, Invitation letter supporting your case. You can reach us for more assistance on visa processing.
Which visa is required for Switzerland?
- You can decide on the visa category based on the purpose of your travel. If you are applying for a short-stay visa, there are 3 major categories for which people generally apply, there are as follows.
- Tourist visa – for travelers going to Switzerland for tourism.
- Visit visa – for people traveling to meet family/friends.
- Business visa – applicable to those traveling for business-related activities.
Can I know for what all countries the Schengen visa is valid for?
- The Schengen visa is valid for all 26 countries which come under the Schengen area. If you have a valid Schengen visa, you have access to travel to all 26 countries, within the visa validity.
Is it mandatory that only the applicant has to collect the visa from Switzerland consulate?
- We would recommend the applicant only to collect the passport from the VAC.
Do different categories of visas have different requirements?
- There is not a major difference in the list of documents for different visa categories. The major documents like passport, travel insurance, flight reservations, documents related to finances would remain constant for all visa categories. Consult Sanctum for a customized checklist for all visa categories.
What step to be taken in case I don’t receive my visa at the given time?
- Generally, the embassy takes 15 working days for a short stay visa to process. If the embassy is taking additional time than this, you can write an email addressing the consulate requesting the update. At times the embassy might take 30 days – 60 days as well for processing the visa, in case if there is a rush of applications at the embassy. We would always recommend the applicant to apply for the visa as early as possible.
Does the applicant have to mandatorily take the biometrics for visiting Switzerland?
- If the applicant is traveling for the first time, it mandatory that the applicant takes biometrics. The applicant need not go for the biometrics if he/she has given their fingerprints at the Switzerland VAC it in the last 3 years.
Is the medical test mandatory for Switzerland’s business visa?
- A medical test is not required for the Switzerland business. You just need to take a travel medical insurance for the visa purpose.
What is the process of converting my Switzerland business visa into a tourist permit?
- The conversion of a Switzerland business visa to a tourist visa is generally not possible. You need to take a fresh visa if you want it to convert to a tourism visa after your business visa expires.
How early should I apply for the visa from my travel date, if I need to visit Switzerland?
- As early as possible, if all documents are in place. You can apply for the visa anytime in the 3 months’ time from your intended travel date.
What is the list of documents required for Switzerland Business Visa?
- Please follow the list of primary documents to initiate the process.
- Invitation letter and supporting letter.
- Original Passport.
- Financial documents.
- Employment documents.
- Travel insurance.
- Flight and hotel booking.
What is the photo specification for applying for Switzerland Business Visa?
- Specifications: Passport size pictures, not older than 6 months, size 35 – 40 mm in width. The photographs should be in color, with a white background.
How much does a Switzerland Schengen Business Visa cost?
- The visa fee is 80 Euros per individual. The applicant also needs to pay the convenience and the VAC service charges, at the time of biometrics.
How to track the Visa Status of my Switzerland visa application?
- The applicant can track the passport status online. The visa status is known once you receive the passport. The applicant would also get updates over the email and phone SMS about the status.