Sweden Tourist Visa for Indians – Application and Requirements
A trip to Scandinavia remains incomplete without a jaunt to Sweden. Sweden is one of the Scandinavian countries blessed with majestic lakes, unspoiled landscapes, mind-blowing history, and many other hidden gems. Get a dose of the amazing Nordic culture and Swedish highlights through a Sweden tourist visa. If you are planning a pleasure trip to Sweden and you belong to a non-EU country, you may require a visa based on your nationality. Travelers holding Indian passports must hold a valid Sweden visa to visit the country for a vacation or visiting relatives. The travel to Europe escalates with a jolt, boosting the rise in demand for a Schengen visa. In the handy guide, we will discuss more in detail about Schengen visas and the other aspect of the visa application process for Indian nationals.
Perched on almost the Northern fringes of the European continent, Sweden occupies a dominant part. Wandering around the major cities, exploring the islands, visiting the museums are some of the fun activities you can indulge in Sweden. There is plenty to do and see in this country the most striking being the stunning waterside in Stockholm. The photogenic surrounding all around strikes the creative cord of an avid traveler with a penchant for photography. Vacationers are spoilt with wide-ranging choices from island hopping to staying in local hamlets in a quaint location. Make the most out of your Swedish trip, see the northern lights, go for hiking trails, gorge on the local cuisines and enjoy to your heart’s content. Not sure where to start? The prelude to any Schengen visa application starts with the documentation and our post will lead you very soon to a storehouse of helpful visa information.
What is a Sweden Tourist visa?
Sweden tourist visa also commonly termed as Schengen visa allows an individual to enter the country for the purpose of tourism or visiting their kin and kith. The tourist visa comes under Schengen short stay Type C visa. The short stay Schengen visa is generally valid for a maximum duration of 3 months. However, the Embassy on an average grants the visa in accordance with the entry and exit date of an applicant’s travel to the Schengen countries. Short stay Schengen visas are generally not granted beyond 90 days unless the applicant is faced with some critical situation.
Sweden Visa Document Requirements
It is important to know the prerequisites for a Sweden visa application process. Gathering the vital visa documents related to your personal, professional and financial background set forth the preface to your Schengen visa. Apart from this, downloading the form from the relevant source along with the official checklist is prudent. Following the checklist, begin your look out for the documents as soon as possible. It is prudent to verify every bit of the documentation right from form filling, covering letters to the documents you have collected. Search even for the minor gaffes in the documents before the submission. Once the submission is done nothing can be changed. Lodging the visa application with erroneous information is certainly not desirable and can adversely impact your Sweden tourist visa application. After gathering all the documents and arrange them in the order mentioned in the official document checklist. The more you organize yourself the better you can execute the application without leaving room for any errors. Schengen Embassies are known for their stern handling of visa applications. Even the slightest doubt at their end can trigger unexpected situations like a personal interview, request for additional documents or worst a visa rejection. With a slight caution, you can overcome all the difficulties and successfully lodge your Sweden visa application.
Now that we know the importance of supplying the right documents, we will glance through the list of documents below for a better understanding of the process:-
- Original Passport having a validity of at least 6 months with ample blank pages
- Sweden visa application form
- 3 Photographs 35–40 mm in width Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70–80% of the photograph in white background.
- Overseas travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries. The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation etc. The policy must clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival & departure + 2 additional days.
- Original bank statements validated by the bank with stamp and signature
- Employment Proof and Pay Slips.
- Income Tax Returns.
- Hotel bookings or accommodation covering the whole duration of the intended stay.
- Flight reservation of return or round ticket.
- Marriage Certificate if married.
- In the case of minors traveling:
- (A) Signature of any of the parent / legal guardian on a duly filled visa application form
- (B) Passport Copy / PAN Card Copy or any other identity document, containing picture and signature of both the parents / legal guardians
- (C) Birth certificate or other documents showing proof of relationship with parents/legal guardian.
- An invitation letter from the host. If the invitee person will cover any costs related to the applicant’s visit, for a family/friend visit, copies of any official documents that show the family link with the applicant (family book, birth certificate, etc.), the host’s nationality ( personbevis, identity card, passport, naturalization decision, etc.), and if the host is not a national of the country of residence or of the European Union, a copy of the host’s residence permit, passport first and last pages
Step by Step Guidance to Apply for Sweden Tourist Visa
- Book an appointment for document submission at the facilitation center. Choose the correct Schengen visa category for appointment after creating your account on the facilitation center website and take a print of the appointment confirmation page.
- Download the Sweden visa application form. Fill it up and review thoroughly.
- Inscribe a complete personal covering letter stating the essential points like trip purpose, travel dates, funding etc.
- Collate all the documents as per the document checklist downloaded from the website. Review if you have the updated version of all the documents. Add the application form, the cover letter and the appointment confirmation page along with the application.
- Lodge the visa application at the facilitation center on the appointment date.
- Make the Sweden visa fee payment at the counter and collect the payment receipt. Your application tracking number is mentioned on the receipt. You can track the status of your visa application online on the official website portal.
- After the visa approval, the Embassy will dispatch the passport at the facilitation center or to the address that you have mentioned as the delivery address.
Sweden Visa – Frequently Asked Question
Can I travel to Sweden with a Schengen visa?
Certainly, you can enter Sweden on a Schengen short-stay visa as Sweden is one of the 26 Schengen countries. According to the Schengen treaty signed by the 26 European countries, with one Schengen visa, a traveler is entitled to enter all the 26 Schengen countries if the visa is valid.
How do I book an appointment for Sweden tourist visa?
Create your account with your email ID on the Sweden facilitation center website. Enter your personal details and travel date and book a slot for biometrics and document submission according to the available dates. The appointment confirmation page will be generated. Take a print of that and attach it with your visa application.
How long does it take to get Sweden visa?
Sweden visa process time differs from application to application. On average, the Embassy takes around 7 to 15 working days to process the visa unless your application is stuck in any unprecedented circumstances.
What is the Sweden Visa fee?
Sweden visa application fee is 60 Euros.