What is the Portugal visa application fee?
- Portugal business visa fee is 80 EUR per individual, aged above 12 years. For children aged between 2-11 years, the visa fee is 40 EUR. There is an additional fee involved for visa service charges and convenience fees, which the applicant can pay at the time of biometrics.
Do Indian passport holders need to apply visa for Portugal?
- Yes, Indian nationals need to apply for the Portugal visa. They have to gather the required documents and book the appointment with the Portugal Visa application center for submitting the documents.
How do I acquire a Portugal visa?
- It is very easy if you follow the steps below. But then, make sure you are providing all documents properly as per the official checklist.
- Arranging all the documents.
- Booking an appointment with the VAC.
- Giving biometrics and submitting the documents.
- Pay the fee for the visa.
How long can I live in Portugal without a visa?
- You can not stay in Portugal without a valid visa. You need to apply for a visa and then can visit Portugal. If your existing visa is expired, we recommend you to apply for a fresh visa.
Who issues Visas for Portugal in India?
- The embassy of Portugal, New Delhi, and Consulate in Goa issue the visas for the Indians. The applicants need to lodge their applications at the respective embassy according to the jurisdiction.
How will I be able to contact the Portugal Consulate?
- You can email or call them at the respective contact details provided on their official website. For more information, you can contact Sanctum consultants.
How much prior to my travel date can I apply for the visa?
- The Portugal embassy takes about 3 weeks to complete the process. One needs to lodge their visa well in advance at least giving a month’s gap between the appointment date and travel date. However, the applicant can apply at any time within 3 months prior to the intended date of visit.
What are the Submission timings at the Portugal Visa Application Centre?
- You need to book a prior appointment with the Visa application Center for you to visit. The appointments would be available on weekdays from morning to evening. According to the slot you got, you need to attend the VAC for submitting your application.
Do I have to come personally or can I courier that application to the Portugal Visa Application Centre?
- If it is for the time you are applying for the visa, you would have to come mandatorily to give your fingerprints and submit the documents. In case you have previously traveled to Portugal in the last 3 years, you need not come for the fingerprints, you can submit it through a third party.
Can you explain how is the application procedure at the Portugal Visa Application Centre?
- There are just 3 steps, which the applicant needs to follow at the VAC.
- Going in time to the VAC, as per the slot booked.
- Submit the documents and give your fingerprints.
- Make the visa fee payment.
What should I do in case I do not have all the documents?
- In case you do not have all documents, we can help you suggesting an alternative document in that place or we can either justify for the same in the cover letter. But then the decision of the embassy might vary accordingly.
Will the Portugal VAC give me any proof that I have submitted?
- Yes, the VAC gives a receipt of the application lodged. You can also track the application with the number provided in the receipt.
What is the proof that I will have lodged my application at the Portugal Visa Application Centre?
- The post you submit the documents and pay the visa fee, you will be given a receipt of payment and the tracking number of your passport would be mentioned in the receipt. With the help of this reference number, one can track the passport status online. Also, you would get SMS or email updates about the status of your application.
Can my passport be couriered back by the Portugal Visa Application Centre?
- Yes, at the time of biometrics, you can opt for the courier service at an additional cost. You need o give the address where you want your passport to be couriered and the VAC will do the needful.
Is there a timeframe after the denial for me to re-apply for the visa?
- Generally, there is no timeframe for an applicant to reapply for the visa after refusal. The applicant immediately re-apply for the visa booking the earliest slot available. However, the applicant also has gone according to the refusal letter, if anything related to the time frame is stated in the letter.
Is it possible to extend my Schengen visa in Portugal?
- It is not possible to extend a short term visa on a general note. You can return back to home country and apply for a fresh visa, in case if you intend to travel to Portugal again. However, you can try lodging your request for the extension with the respective authority while you are in Portugal, under emergency situations.