Tourist | Visit
Japan visitor visa is for people who wish to meet their family members/relatives/friends living in Japan, spend some time and return back to the home country. Also, there are lots of travelers who visit Japan for tourism purposes. These people need to apply for Japan tourist visa. Experience Japan’s far-flung range of its culture, heritage, cuisines, and shopping scenes. Read the below information for the details of Japan visa for Indians, Japan visa photo size, Japan tourist visa, visit visa to Japan, Japan tourist visa fee, requirements for Japan tourist visa, Japan visits visa requirements. Connect with us for initiating your Japan visa process.
Japan Visa Requirements
- Original Passport [Current and previous if applicable] and copy of all bio-data pages of the passport.
- Three recent passport size photographs in glossy finish, 60%-80% face coverage, white background, and without border (Size: 45mm x 45mm).Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70–80% of the photograph in white background.
- Proof of Stay or hotel bookings covering the whole duration of the intended stay.
- Flight Itinerary.
- Proof of Occupation:
- For self-employed individuals need to provide company incorporation registration copy, GST registration copy.
- If employed NOC from the company and 3 months salary slips along with employee ID card
- The last three month updated bank statement with minimum INR 80000 and above.
PS. Please contact our consultants for further details on Japan Tourist Visa.
For Japan Visit Visa
- Invitation Letter: Invitation letter from Japan host stating the purpose of travel, dates, and duration of stay.
- Sponsorship Details: In case the visit is being sponsored by the Japan host, then the host is required to furnish the following.
a) Original Letter of Guarantee if the invitee is bearing the expenses
b) Copy of Passport( First & Last Page)
c) Copy of latest and valid Japan Visa
d) Copy of Passport pages with status items; entry/departure and permission of residence
e) Proof of Relationship with Guarantor
f) Copy of Certificate of alien registration (Both front & back)
- PS. All documents mentioned in the tourist visa checklist would be required except hotel booking.
For Japan Transit Visa
- Need confirmed flight ticket.
PS. Please contact our consultants for further details on Japan Visit Visa and Transit Visa.
Sanctum Consulting Japan Visa Process and Services
Sanctum Consulting Japan Visa Process and Services
- We will submit the completed and processed application to the embassy.
- Sanctum agents will provide all information on the documents to submit as per Japan visa requirement.
- We will provide all the required letter formats for the visa.
- We’ll provide you with refundable/free cancellation/book now pay later hotel itinerary links for Japan visa application.
- Prepare day-wise itinerary coinciding with your hotel bookings and travel plans.
- Assistance on flight itinerary or a round trip flight reservation.
- Same day courier*.
- The Japan Embassy generally takes the decision within a time period of 4-7 business days. The processing time starts, post the documents submitted at the respective embassy. Also, individuals can apply for the visa within 30 days from the travel date.
- Sanctum Processing time would be 6-8 business days.
- We aim to provide you with the best services to ensure that you qualify and apply in a manner that results in visa approval.
- We understand that every case is different; so we treat each case individually.
- Same day issuance of travel insurance on actual policy cost.
- Save Time & Effort at a minimal cost.
- Periodic Visa Updates.
- Your documents are safe, secure, confidential and our process is transparent!
- Collect all essential documents and submit them at the embassy*.
Do Indians need a visa to go to Japan?
- Yes, Indian passport holders need a visa to Japan for traveling to that country. You need to choose the right category according to your purpose of travel.
Is Japan Visa easy to get?
- It is not difficult as well if the right process is followed. The applicants need to understand that the embassy is very specific about the document requirements. So please submit them correctly for proper verification.
How long does it take for a Japan visa?
- The visa processing time with the embassy is 3-5 working days. But then the visa application center would not accept the applications before 8 working days from the travel date.
How much is the processing fee for a Japan visa?
- The visa fee is INR 510 per individual for a single entry visa. There would be additional VFS charges involves. Check with our process consultants for the details.
Do I need to submit my bank statements to the embassy for my visa processing?
- Yes, the bank statements are necessary to submit at the embassy as per the requirements. It is always advisable to maintain a good amount of balance to show that you are financially stable to support your trip.
For how much time, can I stay in Japan with a valid visa?
- The visa is generally issued for 30 days. One can stay there as long as the visa is valid.
What are the documents to get from my Inviter in Japan?
- If you have an inviter from Japan, they need to provide the below primary documents to be able to invite you for the visa.
- Original Invitation Letter and Schedule of Stay.
- Original Letter of Guarantor, if the Inviter is bearing the expenses.
What are the documents required for Japan tourist visa?
- The primary requirements you need to apply for the visa are as follows.
- Passport, photographs, and visa form.
- Financial documents, employment-related documents.
- Hotel and flight reservations.
What is the photo size for Japan visa?
- The photographs should be Not more than 6 months old, 2 X 2 inch or 45 X 45 mm in size, Colored and to be taken with plain white background.
Can I apply online for the Japan visa?
- No, Indian passport holders need to apply for a stamping visa through the embassy. The applicants need to send the documents along with the passport for stamping.
How many times can you enter Japan on a tourist visa?
- If the visa is issued with multiple entries, you can travel multiple times on the visa to Japan.
Can you extend a tourist visa in Japan?
- The short term visa generally cannot be extended. However, you can lodge the request for an extension under emergency circumstances. The final decision depends on the embassy.