Japan Tourist Visa Requirements, Application, and Guidelines
Thrillingly chockful with travelers and backpackers, Japan seems to have become quite popular among people for good reason of course. There is a surprise waiting at every stage and with a Japan tourist visa, you can explore them all. Japan tourist visa can let you visit the country for a pleasure trip and ramble through the travel hotspots at your own pace. The fantastic fusion of the traditional and modern elements in the art and architecture is visible in the temples and buildings spread across the country. Aside from that, you can explore the swath of the futuristic technological advancement the country is so much focusing on. All these mindboggling things, spectacular landscape, and great atmosphere sum up for what you look headlong in a Japan trip.
If you have been harboring a thought in mind to spend a wonderful vacation in Japan, plan for the Japan visa now. Filled with a sense of awe and adventure, the tourist attractions here are a grace to Japan enhancing the beauty and magnificence of the country. Get immersed in the uniqueness of its culture by mingling with the locals and staying up at the local places. This is one of the best ways to get a taste of the tradition and understanding of the local values, that certainly is a big part of tourism. Wondering about visiting the country! Apply for Japan tourist visa and google to the best of what you can to get information about the Japan visa application process. The best way to get the visa approval is to know as much as you can about the fundamentals that work behind visa application. Here we share the ultimate resource you may be scouting for to commence your Japan tourist visa process. Leaf through the post to obtain details about Japan visa application, document requirements, visa process time, fees, etc.
Japan Tourist Visa Information and Validity
Japan tourist visa enables an individual to travel to the country for the purpose of tourism. Indians are required to opt for a Japan tourist visa in order to enter the country lawfully. The visa is generally granted by the Japan Embassy in India for a limited duration. The Embassy often issues the stay period for a span of 14 days in Japan. Travelers are expected to exit the country before the expiry of the visa. On a Japan temporary visitor visa or tourist visa extension facility is generally not available unless a person is caught in the unavoidable situations.
Japan Visa Application Process
It is relatively easier to get a Japan visa. But you are expected to have the faultless documentation in place. Embassies do not take wrong documentation on a lighter note and may deny the visa in such cases. In here we present a quick snapshot of the Japan visa application process and how it works.
- Gather the relevant set of documents related to your personal, professional, financial, travel background.
- Fill up the Japan visa application form and draft a to the point covering letter addressing the Embassy.
- Review the documentation to make sure not to leave room for any gaffes.
- You can submit the visa application at the Japan visa facilitation center yourself if available nearby or can assign the work to a visa agent. In either case, you must supply the right documents. If you appoint a visa agent, you can avoid the risk of making errors and can save you time. The agents generally take the documents and complete the rest of the things from their end. The application submitted at the facilitation center is forwarded to the Embassy for processing. The Japan visa fee must be paid at the center after the document submission.
- Once the application is submitted at the Japan Embassy, it will take some time for the processing. After the stipulated time the Embassy dispatches the passport. You will come to know about the status of the visa once you receive the passport.
Japan Visa Document Requirements
The Japan visa application process becomes simple when you have the appropriate documents in hand. Concentrating primarily on collecting the right documents may help you feel incredibly well-organized and comfortable with the rest of the visa process. And this is quite true. Most people feel unsettled in the fear of visa paper works. A pinch of poise is needed there, and you are done. The moment you know you have the documents you need; you gain back the lost confidence. Here we have created a list of general document checklist for Japan visa to give you a caring boost. Peep through it underneath.
- Current passport with a validity of 6 months
- Japan visa application form duly signed by the applicant
- Colored photographs according to the Embassy specification in a glossy finish, 60%-80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 45mm x 45mm)
- Original bank statement with adequate funds authenticated by the bank with a seal and signature
- Pay Slips
- Original leave grant letter from the employer on letterhead
- Tax statements
- Hotel bookings or accommodation covering the whole duration of the intended stay.
- Flight reservation of return or round ticket.
- Marriage Certificate if married
- National identity card copy
Inviter’s Documents if Invited
- Passport first, last and visa pages.
- Copy of Certificate of alien registration
- Original Letter of Guarantee if the invitee is bearing the expenses
How long does it take to get Japan tourist visa?
According to the general trend, the Japan tourist visa is processed within a duration of 5 to 7 working days at the Japan Embassy in India. Uneventful circumstances like a request for additional documents from the Embassy or a call for face to face interview may affect the visa process time and shot it up invariably.
How much is the Japan Visa Fee?
Japan visa fee cost for Indians is INR. 490/- for a single application. Apart from the visa fee, there are other fees like the facilitation, courier charges, etc that must be paid. All these fees together are paid at the Japan visa facilitation center while submitting the Japan visa application.