Information on Switzerland Tourist Visa for Indian Nationals
Traveling to Switzerland is something a passionate traveler must experience at least once in a lifetime. Jump-start your Switzerland tourist visa application to get an authentic slice of the Swiss countryside and urbane culture. Indian Nationals harboring a Swiss vacation in mind are required to apply for a Switzerland visa to rightfully enter the country. Buzzed with people throughout the year for tourism, Switzerland offers a Utopic pleasure to wanderers’ in the quest for a serene vacation in the lap of nature. The country is all about beauty everywhere from towering snowcapped mountains and turquoise lakes to medieval towns amidst bucolic landscapes and Alpines ranges. The lush Alpine pastures create a spectacular scenery that melts the heart and leaves you to crave for more.
Switzerland has some of the most eye-popping attractions strewn all over that keeps it on the top of the traveler’s bucket list. The medieval towns, Alpine mountains, emerald lakes flanked by valleys and hamlets and the exciting activities infuse a unique charm to the country. Are you excited to explore the sweepingly beautiful Swiss landscapes? Take a step ahead to gather information about Switzerland tourist visa application process. That’s the gateway to your Swiss vacation, a place that never fails to amuse and amaze the travelers. Let your Swiss adventure begin here with a quick read through the blog about the Switzerland visa application process.
What is a Switzerland Schengen Visa?
Switzerland Schengen visa or Switzerland tourist visa allows a traveler to enter Switzerland for tourism purpose. The visa also allows them to move freely within the Schengen territories among the 26 Schengen nations. Switzerland tourist visa is a short stay Schengen visa having a maximum validity of 90 days from its issuance at the Switzerland Embassy. It is also commonly stated as Type C visa. The exact validity of the visa is decided by the Embassy and is generally granted for a duration in compliance to the travel dates to of the applicant.
What are the Document Requirements for Switzerland Visa?
Dealing with the documentation is the hardest part of Switzerland or any Schengen visa process. The Schengen Embassies are very particular about the documents. Implementing a strict verification policy, the Embassies are known to frequently refuse the visas even in the matter of minor gaffes. To avert falling in such misery be well-versed with the visa rules and requirements from the start. That will help you gain confidence and complete the process smoothly. Consider hiring experienced visa agents to help you out of these situations. Assigning works to them can make you stress -free. In either situation, you must be hands on about the process and the documents yourself. Here we have squeezed in a list of general document requirements for Switzerland visa. Take a look below:-
- Original passport along with all other old passports if applicable
- 3 Photographs according to Embassy specification 35–40 mm, 70–80% of the face visible in white background
- Switzerland visa application form
- A comprehensive covering letter mentioning the purpose of the trip and the other imperative details
- Copy of travel medical insurance policy with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro / 50,000 USD / 50,000 CHF per person. Coverage of all expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance must cover the entire stay in the Schengen territory
- Original bank statement in A4 size sheet for last 3 months authenticated by the bank
- Leave approval letter with stamp and signature on company letterhead
- Salary Slips for the last 3 months
- Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years
- Hotel booking confirmation for the entire trip
- Round trip air ticket reservation
- Marriage Certificate copy for married people
- Invitation letter from the host in Switzerland, original or a clear copy, dated and signed, mentioning names of all invitees, duration of stay, relationship and the purpose of the invitation, address of the host along with a copy of the passport or identity card, OCI and residential permit
How to apply for the Switzerland Visa Application?
The first step to initiate the Switzerland visa application starts with getting the official document checklist. Followed by that Scheduling the visa appointment at the VFS center and gathering documents must be in progress hand in hand. Next starts the filling up of Switzerland visa application form and drafting of a detailed covering letter. These are the backbone of your Switzerland Schengen visa application. Ensure you have verified everything before submitting the documents. At the VFS, submit the documents and make the visa fee payment. Your application will be sent to the Embassy through the VFS. The Embassy will process the visa generally within the stipulated visa processing time.
What is the Switzerland visa process time in India?
The Switzerland visa process time ranges from 7 to 10 working days in general at the Switzerland Embassy in India. If at all your application is caught in some uneventful circumstances for which you either get an interview call or request to submit further documents, the processing time will be deeply impacted.
What is the Switzerland visa fee?
Switzerland visa fee for adults is 60 Euro and for applicants aged between 6 to 12, it is 35 Euro.
Are the Schengen Visa Fees refundable?
Schengen visa fees are non-refundable once being paid at the Embassy. Even if your visa is denied at the later part the Embassy is not entitled to refund the fees back. You have to again pay the visa fees to reapply for the visa.