Is it mandatory that I apply for a visa to travel to Iceland?
- Yes, Indian passport holders need a visa to travel to Iceland. They need to apply for the short term tourist/visitor/business visa to travel based on the purpose.
How do I get a tourist visa for Iceland?
- You need to have the travel itinerary in the first place. Then follows the Iceland vis requirements, booking the slot for biometrics, submission of documents, and payment of the application fee. These are the steps to follow for the process.
Is Schengen visa valid for Iceland?
- Yes, the Schengen visa is valid for Iceland. Since Iceland comes under the Schengen area, people with valid Schengen visa can travel to Iceland.
What’s the best time to go to Iceland?
- The best time to visit Iceland is between May and August where one can expect pleasant climatic conditions and long days.
How much is Iceland visiting visa fee?
- The visa fee for the Iceland visitor visa is EUR 80 for each person. Additional VAC charges and convenience fee has to be paid for every applicant before submitting the documents.
How long does it take to get a tourist visa to Iceland?
- The decision on the applications is generally taken within 15 business days of time. At times the processing time might be delayed depending on the cases. However, the applicant is advised to start the process well in advance.
How many funds are required to show in the accounts for a Schengen visa?
- The bank balance shown should be good enough to cover your expenses for the trip. Crediting the amount in bulk before the visa lodging is not advisable. Contact Sanctum agents for more information on this.
What is the transit visa process for Iceland?
- You need to gather the documents, book appointments with the VAC, and submit the documents. Reach Sanctum for assisting you with the Iceland transit visa process.