How long my passport should be valid in order to apply for a business visa to Austria?
- One must possess a passport with a validity date of at least six months to travel to Austria. To clarify the passport needs to be valid at least six months beyond the planned date of departure from the Schengen area.
Do I need to reapply for a Business visa to Austria if the visa is damaged?
- If the visa has been damaged, the applicant is required to reapply for a fresh visa with a renewed passport.
What is process time for the visa?
- The processing time for Austria visa is approximately 15 working days. However, you can apply for the visa within 3 months of your travel date.
What is the mandatory documents checklist for Austria’s business visa?
- One needs to carry documents related to your employment, finances, and travel that are mostly required for visa processing. Further, contact our Visa agents to know more about the Austria visa documents checklist.
What is the duration of an Austrian visa after approval?
- You can stay up to 90 days in a 180 day period on an Austrian business visa, in case if you are a national of a visa-exempt country.
Can I travel to other Schengen countries with Austria visa?
- You can travel to 25 Schengen countries with the Austria visa, within the given validity of the visa. But then you need to apply with the Austrian Embassy if your maximum stay is in Austria.
How do I check my visa status post applying for the visa?
- Kindly reach our Consultants, to check your Austria Business visa status.
Does a US Citizen require an Austria Visa to travel to Austria?
- The US Citizens do not require an Austria Visa to travel to Austria for a short term period. They are free to travel with a US passport. However, Indian Nationals are required to apply for the visa, if they have to travel.
Will I be able to extend my Austria Visa from Austria?
- The short term visa extension is generally not accepted. Yet in certain cases when the applicant has strong reasons such as a late entry, humanitarian reasons, and important medical reasons, your request may be approved. You can apply for the extension at the visa issuing authority in Austria.
Difference between a single-entry and a multiple-entry Austria visa?
- One can enter into the Schengen area only once for a certain period of time and come back to the home country with a single entry visa. Your visa is no longer for you to travel for the second time, the post you’re coming to your home country. While Multiple-entry visa allows the applicant to enter in and out of the Schengen Area as pleased until the visa is valid.
Can I reapply for the visa after refusal?
- One is free to reapply for the visa if your visa application is refused by the embassy. But then you need to take care while applying for the visa again, keeping in mind the reasons stated for the refusal. Contact Sanctum consultants for expert advice.
Do I need to visit the Visa application center every time I apply for an Austrian visa?
- One must visit the Austrian visa application center for giving the biometrics if you are applying for the Austria Visa. The Biometric data is stored in the Visa Information System and once given, the applicant need not visit the Visa application center for the next 5 years, to apply for the visa. To clarify, the applicant can submit the documents through someone else and need not visit the VAC in person.
Do I need to show hotel and flight booking for applying for the Austria business visa?
- One must show the flight and hotel reservations for the visa purpose. Sanctum can help you by providing the same. Therefore, contact the Consultants for more information.
Can I take my family on a tourist visa along with me?
- Yes, you can apply for an Austria tourist visa for your family, if they wish to accompany you. We would recommend you to apply for the Austria business visa and then apply for the family if you have enough time. Otherwise, you can also apply simultaneously for both the visas. Reach us for further information on how to apply for both the visas.
What are the funds required for a single applicant?
- One can maintain funds up to INR 3-4 lakhs approximately and above for the Visa. Anyhow, we recommend you to to seek expert advice about the fund’s requirement prior to the visa application. Since there are various factors that have to be considered before deciding the exact amount to be maintained.
Do I need to book an appointment for biometrics for a business visa to Austria?
- An applicant needs to book an appointment for an Austrian business visa. Further, contact our consultants to know more about Austria’s business visa process and how to schedule an appointment. Consultants help in informing you about the availability of slots and book as per your schedule.
To apply for the business visa category for Austria does somebody need to pay a fee to get an appointment or obtain visa application forms?
- The application forms, information material, and the arrangement of an appointment are free of charge. Anyhow, one needs to pay the visa fee and facilitation fee in order to apply for the visa. Certainly, the Austria visa fee is 80 Euros per individual, and the facilitation fee is additional.
How many countries can one person travel with this visa?
- A person can travel to all 26 Schengen countries with a valid Schengen visa for Austria. In other words, one can enter Austria and travel throughout the Schengen area freely with Austria visa within the validity of the visa. But, please make sure that your maximum stay is in Austria if you are applying for an Austria visa. Contact our consultants to gather more information about our Austria visa services.
Where to apply for an Austrian business visa?
- The applicants have to apply through the Austrian Consulate/VAC for the Austria business visa. On the other hand, you can reach Sanctum, for a better understanding of the visa processing.
Can an Austrian business visa be converted to a tourist visa?
- A business visa is applied for business-related travel, and a tourist visa is applied when the applicants intend to tour around the country. One cannot convert the visa from one category to another, therefore we would recommend you to apply for the tourist visa post your business visa expires.
Who can apply for an Austrian business visa at the Austrian Embassy/Consulate/VAC?
- The citizens of the visa-free countries need not apply for an Austrian visa to travel to Austria for a short term stay. This is not applicable to Indian Nationals. To clarify Indian Nationals need to apply for the Austrian visa if they intend to travel to Austria.
How long before the start of the intended visit should I apply for Austria’s business visa?
- You can apply for the Austria business visa within 3 months of your travel date. That is to say that you cannot apply for the visa before 3 months from your travel date. However the Austria visa processing time is 15 working days in general, yet, we would recommend you to start the process as soon as possible to avoid the last moment rush.
Can I travel multiple times to the Schengen area with this visa?
- A Schengen visa can be issued for a single-entry or multiple entries depending on the embassy decision and the purpose of travel. You can travel only once and come back to the home country with a single entry Schengen visa. You may enter twice or multiple times into the Schengen area within the validity of the visa if you have been issued with multiple entry Schengen visas.
Can I get a complete 90 day valid Austria visa?
- It is not necessary that all the applicants are issued with a complete 90 days validity visa. At times the embassy can only issue the visa for the respective travel dates as per the applicant’s travel itinerary, hotel, and flight bookings.
What is the format of Austria business visa cover letter?
- There is no particular format for the Austria business visa cover letter. Anyhow, there are a few mandatory points that have to be mentioned in the cover letter. Contact our visa consultants for brief information about the letter formats.
What steps do I follow while applying for an Austrian business visa?
- The first step to be taken for applying Austria’s business visa is to gather all the mandatory documents and above all, make an appointment with the VAC in advance. The person applying for a visa has to make sure that he/she holds a valid passport with at least six months validity from the date of travel.
What documents do I have to provide from my employer?
- The employer need not be the sponsor in all cases, hence it depends on who is sponsoring the applicant for the travel. The applicant has to get a sponsor letter if the company is taking care of the applicant’s expenses. In other case, the applicant has to get a no objection letter from the employer. You can consult us for the formats of both the letters from employers.
Do I need to take travel insurance for applying Austria Visa?
- All Individuals have to take the travel insurance for the visa purpose. Because the travel insurance is a mandatory document as per the Schengen visa official checklist. Further you can contact Sanctum for the same. We provide assistance in issuing the travel insurance.
Do I have to show a business agenda for the visa?
- We would recommend you to show a business plan/agenda for the visa purpose. To clarify, you can reach Sanctum consultants.