Business | Work
Austria is a small country defined by a well-developed economy. This country is one of the ideal places for business and work opportunities and an investment destination for entrepreneurs. People travel to Austria for Scientific research in the field of general and applied sciences. Austria is one of the Europe’s smaller countries, situated in the heart of Europe. Furthermore, Austria’s prosperous track record makes it a fitting place to do business. Individuals can apply for the Austria Business visa or work under below circumstances.
- For attending any business or training related meetings in Austria.
- To take part in business events/fairs in Austria.
- Establish or explore business in Austria.
- For short term and long-term employment contracts.
You can approach Sanctum agents for a detailed information regarding visa requirements. It is important to know about the details for the Austria visa, before going forward with the process. That is to say, our Consultants provide proper guidance regarding Austria business Visa application process and visa fee payment. To start the process, review the below basic document list for Austria business visa and work visa requirements.
Austria Visa Business | Work Requirements From India
- Original Passport [Current and Previous if applicable].
- Copy of All Bio-Data pages of Passport.
- The Photograph must be 40 mm wide and 45 mm high. Face zoom of 70-80% is required, in white background.
- Travel medical insurance copy of the policy is required for applying for the visa. The coverage should be not less than 30,000 Euros.
- Employment/Business related documents.
- Financial Documents.
Documents For Austria Visa from Inviter
- Invitation letter from the Austrian company / Business Operation. Official termed Electronic letter of guarantee – “EVE” or “GVE” – Elektronische Verpflichtungserklärung” or Generalverpflichtungserklärung -If applicable.
Sponsor’s document requirement for Austria Visa
- Covering letter from the Sponsor/Sponsoring Organization is required. The cover letter has to explain the purpose of the trip and business relation with the Austrian business partner. The letter needs to confirm the identity of applicant, place, period of intended stay, and the sponsor for the entire trip.
To know more about the Austria business visa, contact our consultants.
- Invitation Letter: Invitation Letter from Austrian host / inviting Company on its letter head stating the purpose of travel and duration of stay and should be duly signed with signatory’s name and designation.
- Please Note: The Original Invitation Letter should be sent directly from Austrian Company to the Embassy and a copy of the same should be submitted with the application.
For more details on Austria Work Visa , contact Sanctum Consultants.
- Contact Sanctum Consultant for appointment scheduling. Please click on whatsapp icon to request for Austria Visa appointment scheduling. [ PS. Appointment booking is a paid service].
Austria Business Visa
- Valid for a duration of up to 90 days in a 180 day period. However, applicant can ask for a multiple entry business visa, if you require to travel to multiple Schengen countries. The minimum validity of visa is decided by the Embassy.
Austria Work Visa
- Austria work visa validity is based on the contract duration.
- You can track the Austria business visa and work visa status, with the help of reference number. To clarify, the applicant gets a reference number once he/she submits the application. Consequently, the applicant gets the updates over the emails and phone sms.
Austria Business Visa Processing Time
- Austria business visa is valid for a duration of up to 90 days in a 180 day period. However, applicant can ask for a multiple entry business visa, if you require to travel to multiple Schengen countries. The minimum validity of visa is decided by the Embassy.
Austria Work Visa Processing Time
- For Austria work visa processing time please contact our consultant.
Sanctum Consulting Austria Visa Process and Visa Services
Sanctum Consulting Austria Visa Process and Visa Services
How long my passport should be valid in order to apply for business visa to Austria?
- One must possess a passport with a validity date of at least six months to travel to Austria. To clarify the passport needs to be valid at least six months beyond the planned date of departure from the Schengen area.
Do I need to reapply for Business visa to Austria if the visa is damaged?
- If the visa has been damaged, the applicant is required to reapply for a fresh visa with the renewed passport.
What is process time for the visa?
- The process time for Austria visa is approximately 15 working days. However, you can apply for the visa within 3 months of your travel date.
What is the mandatory documents checklist for Austria business visa?
- One needs to carry documents related to your employment, finances and travel are mostly required for the visa processing. Further contact our Visa agents to know more about the Austria visa documents checklist.
What is the duration of an Austria visa after approval?
- You can stay upto 90 days in a 180 day period on a Austria business visa, in case if you are a national of a visa-exempt country.
Can I travel to other Schengen countries with Austria visa?
- You can travel to 25 Schengen countries with the Austria visa, within the given validity of the visa. But then you need to apply with the Austrian Embassy if your maximum stay is in Austria.
How do I check my visa status post applying for the visa?
- Kindly reach our Consultants, to check your Austria Business visa status.
Do a US Citizen require an Austria Visa to travel to Austria?
- The US Citizens do not require an Austria Visa to travel to Austria for a short term period. They are free to travel with US passport. However, Indian Nationals are required to apply for the visa, if they have to travel.
Will I be able to extend my Austria Visa from Austria?
- The short term visa extension is generally not accepted. Yet in certain cases when the applicant has strong reason such as a late entry, humanitarian reasons and important medical reasons, your request may be approved. You can apply for the extension at the visa issuing authority in Austria.
Difference between a single-entry and a multiple-entry Austria visa?
- One can enter into the Schengen area only once for the certain period of time and come back to home country with a single entry visa. Your visa is no longer for you to travel for second time, post your coming to your home country. While Multiple-entry visa allows the applicant to enter in and out of the Schengen Area as pleased until the the visa is valid.
Can I reapply for the visa after refusal?
- One is free to reapply for the visa, if your visa application is refused by the embassy. But then you need to take care while applying for the visa again, keeping in mind the reasons stated for the refusal. Contact Sanctum consultants for expert advice.
Do I need to visit the Visa application center everytime i apply for the Austria visa?
- One must visit the Austria visa application center for giving the biometrics, if you are applying for the Austria Visa. The Biometric data is stored in the Visa Information System and once given, the applicant need not visit the Visa application center for next 5 years, to apply for the visa. To clarify, the applicant can submit the documents through someone else and need not visit the VAC in person.
Do I need to show hotel and flight booking for applying the Austria business visa?
- One must show the flight and Hotel reservations for the visa purpose. Sanctum can help you in providing the same. Therefore, contact the Consultants for more information.
Can I take my family on a tourist visa along with me?
- Yes, you can apply for Austria tourist visa for your family, if they wish to accompany you. We would recommend you to apply for the Austria business visa, and then apply for the family, if you have enough time. Otherwise you can also apply simultaneously for both the visas. Reach us for further information on how to apply for both the visas.
What are the funds required for single applicant?
- One can maintain funds upto INR 3-4 lakhs approximately and above for the Visa. Anyhow we recommend you to to seek expert advice about the funds requirement prior to visa application. Since there are various factors which have to be considered before deciding the exact amount to be maintained.
Do I need to book an appointment for biometrics for business visa to Austria?
- An applicant needs to book an appointment for Austria business visa. Further contact our consultants to know more about Austria business visa process and how to schedule appointment. Consultants help in informing you about the availability of slots and book as per your schedule.
To apply for business visa category for Austria does somebody need to pay a fee to get an appointment or obtain visa application forms?
- The application forms, information material and the arrangement of an appointment are free of charge. Anyhow, one needs to pay the visa fee and facilitation fee in order to apply for the visa. Certainly the Austria visa fee is 80 Euros per individual, and facilitation fee is additional.
How many countries can one person travel with this visa?
- A person can travel to all 26 Schengen countries with a valid Schengen visa for Austria. In other words, one can enter Austria and travel throughout the Schengen area freely with Austria visa within the validity of the visa. But the, please make sure that your maximum stay is in Austria, if you are applying for Austria visa. Contact our consultants to gather more information about our Austria visa services.
Where to apply for an Austrian business visa?
- The applicants has to apply through the Austrian Consulate/VAC for the Austria business visa. On the other hand, you can reach Sanctum, for a better understanding of the visa processing.
Can a Austrian business visa be converted to tourist visa?
- A business visa is applied for business related travel, and a tourist visa is applied when the applicants intends to tour around the country. One cannot convert the visa from one category to another, therefore we would recommend you to apply for the tourist visa post your business visa expires.
Who can apply for an Austrian business visa at the Austrian Embassy/Consulate/VAC?
- The citizens of the visa free countries need not apply for the Austria visa to travel to Austria for a short term stay. This is not applicable to Indian Nationals. To clarify Indian Nationals need to apply for the Austria visa, if they intend to travel to Austria.
How long before the start of the intended visit should I apply for Austria business visa?
- You can apply for the Austria business visa within 3 months of your travel date. That is to say that you cannot apply for the visa before 3 months from your travel date. However the Austria visa processing time is 15 working days in general, yet, we would recommend you to start the process as soon as possible to avoid the last moment rush.
Can I travel multiple times to Schengen area with this visa?
- A Schengen visas can be issued for a single-entry or multiple entries depending on the embassy decision and the purpose of travel. You can travel only once and come back to home country with a single entry Schengen visa. You may enter twice or multiple times into the Schengen area within the validity of the visa, if you have been issued with a multiple entry Schengen visa.
Can I get a complete 90 day valid Austria visa?
- It is not necessary that all the applicants are issued with a complete 90 days validity visa. At times the embassy can only issue the visa for the respective travel dates as per the applicant’s travel itinerary, hotel and flight bookings.
What is the format of Austria business visa cover letter?
- There is no particular format for the Austria business visa cover letter. Anyhow, there are few mandatory points which has to be mentioned in the covering letter. Contact our visa consultants for a brief information about the letter formats.
What steps do I follow while applying for a Austria business visa?
- The first steps to be taken for applying Austria business visa is to gather all the mandatory documents and above all, make an appointment with the VAC in advance. The person applying for a visa has to make sure that he/she holds a valid passport with at least six months validity from the date of travel.
What documents do I have to provide from my employer?
- The employer need not be the sponsor in all cases, hence it depends on who is sponsoring the applicant for the travel. The applicant has to get a sponsor letter if the company is taking care of the applicant’s expenses. In other case, the applicant has to get a no objection letter from the employer. You can consult us for the formats of both the letters from employers.
Do I need to take travel insurance for applying Austria Visa?
- All Individuals have to take the travel insurance for the visa purpose. Because the travel insurance is a mandatory document as per the Schengen visa official checklist. Further you can contact Sanctum for the same. We provide assistance in issuing the travel insurance.
Do I have to show a business agenda for the visa?
- We would recommend you to show a business plan/agenda for the visa purpose. To clarify, you can reach Sanctum consultants.