Austria Business Visa Information and Guidelines for Indians
Austria is extremely globalized with a developed and continually growing economy. The country’s openness to business has made it popular among the business communities proposing to establish a business association with Austrian organizations. The overseas organization with an intent to send their representatives to Austria for enforcing business dealings with Austrian companies must apply for Austria business visa.
The business-friendly environment promoted by the country has led to a spurt in the establishment of business relationships with global companies. In turn, it has increased the demand for Austria business visa among the companies looking forward to sending their employees to engage in various official works. Majority of the non-EU countries are required to get a business visa to gain entry to Austria for business purposes. Indian companies sending their business professionals to Austria to hold business-related meetings or work must avail Austria business visa from the Austria Embassy in India. Through this blog, we have tried scribbling the various key points about Austria business visa application. A detailed viewing of the piece of content can help you get tuned in with the visa application process.
What is Austria Business Visa?
Austria business visa is given to those intending to travel to Australia for temporary business work. The business purposes can be a meeting with a client, participation in business conferences, negotiation of deal or promotional events. Purposes can be manifold, but the duration of stay is generally for a shorter period. Austria business visa is categorized as Type C short stay Schengen visa that can be valid for a maximum period of 3 months. In India, the Austria Embassy grants the visa according to the travel dates of the applicants mentioned in their application. At times for business visa, the duration can be granted for the whole 90 days. Holders of valid Austria business visa can also enter the other Schengen countries with the same visa according to the Schengen rules. In the subsequent section, we will dig deeper into the visa application process and the document requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Austria Business Visa
There are certain eligibility criteria that an applicant is expected to meet to apply for Austria business visa. Glance through the below points: –
- Applicants must provide evidence for the purpose of their visit to Austria
- Applicants must have a strong personal, professional and financial background
- Applicants are required to show an invitation letter from the Austrian business counterpart
- Applicants must be sponsored by their company. If self-employed relevant documents must be provided
- Applicants should have adequate funds to cover their business trip
Austria Business Visa Document Checklist
A major part of the visa application process involves correct documentation. Knowing the right requirements and assimilate them in a sequence is indeed a nerve-wracking task. There is, however, no escape to it. Keep the apprehensions aside for a while and sneak peek through the list of document checklist here. The usual set of documents required to be submitted for Austria business visa are stated in the below fragment. However, each profile is unique and there can be a variation of documents on that basis.
- Original Passport along with previous passports
- Austria business visa application form
- 3 Photographs 35–40 mm in width Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70–80% of the photograph in white background
- Last 3 month’s salary financial statements.
- Employment reference letter and pay slips.
- Income Tax Returns or Form 16 A.
- Travel medical insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000.
- Flight reservation and hotel booking
- Invitation Letter
- Electronic letter of guarantee – “EVE” or “GVE” – Elektronische Verpflichtungserklärung” or Generalverpflichtungserklärung
- Company financial statements
- Company ITR for last 3 years
- Business Covering Letter from Employer to Employee
- Conference or Training letter from Austria association/organization if not been invited from the Austria counterpart
Austria Business Visa- Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to work in Austria on a business visa?
You are legally not permitted to work in Austria on a business visa. To work there you must have an employment offer and a valid work permit from Austria to be able to engage in work-related activities there.
How much time does it take to get Austria business visa?
It may take around 12 to 15 working days for processing of Austria business visa at the Embassy. The processing time may exceed the normal timeframe if you are called for an in-person interview or asked to submit additional documents at the Embassy.
Is it mandatory to take travel insurance for while visiting Austria on a business visa?
Yes, it is compulsory to carry travel insurance while visiting Austria on a business trip. The travel insurance must be purchased during the visa application process and the same must be carried while traveling.
How much is the Austria business visa fee?
The Austria business visa fee is 60 Euro which in Indian currency amounts to INR.4710/-. There are other charges like the visa facilitation fee, optional SMS and courier charges that must be paid along with the visa fee at the facilitation center during the document submission.
Can I travel to other Schengen countries with Austria business visa?
Traveling to other Schengen countries with an Austria visa is possible as the Schengen agreement allows a holder of Schengen visa to travel to all the other Schengen countries. People often plan to visit Austria and other Schengen countries for Tourism. People often go for business works and generally travel to attend official meetings and discussions or conferences and during the same trip take out time for sightseeing. For doing so the appropriate explanation must be given in the documents and the covering letter about your purpose so that the visa officer gets a complete clarity on your purpose of travel and takes the decision on your visa accordingly. Failing to do so may adversely affect your application.
How to track Austria business visa application?
Once you submit the visa application at the facilitation you will be given an application tracking number. The visa tracking number is mentioned on the visa fee payment receipt during the document submission at the facilitation center. You can track the status of your application on the facilitation center website with the tracking number.